Need Help With Planning

You’ll probably need planning permission if you want to:

We can advise you with planning

You’ll probably need planning permission if you want to build something new or make a major change to your building, eg building an extension etc or change the use of your building.

To find out if your project will need planning permission, you should contact your local planning authority. More information can be found on the Planning Portal.


Planning Permission

It is often a good idea to meet a planning officer for an informal discussion before you submit an application. Some local planning authorities charge for this service so it’s a good idea to check first. It is also a question you have to answer in the application form and can assist the local authority in dealing with your application.

Or you can apply in writing / by post You can download the Cambridge City Application Forms from the Planning Portal. If applying in writing, forms need to be printed and sent by post or delivered by hand.

Write to: Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH